The Mines Resort & Golf Club
Jalan Kelikir, MINES Resort City
43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor, Malaysia
Audi quattro Cup Malaysia Final 2017 (Owners Only)
Date: 2 November 2017 (Thursday)
Audi quattro Cup – Drive Day (Non-Owners)
Dates: 4 & 5 November 2017 (Saturday & Sunday)
Audi quattro Cup Malaysia Final 2017
2 November 2017
1. The Audi quattro Cup Final is open to Audi owners who have purchased their cars from the authorised Audi dealers in Malaysia. Vehicles purchased from non-authorised dealers will not be eligible. A copy of the JPJ car registration card will be required as proof of ownership.
2. An Audi owner has the option to transfer their eligibility in the following circumstances:
a. Private Ownership: Transfer to an immediate family member (spouse, parent, child, sibling) is permissible with proof of relationship.
b. Company Ownership. Transfer to an employee is permissible only if the company provides a signed authorization letter stating that the golfer is an existing employee.
Audi quattro Cup - Drive Day
4 & 5 November 2017
1. The Audi quattro Cup - Drive Day is open to the public who are non-Audi owners.
General Eligibility (for all tournaments)
1. Participants must be amateur golfers in accordance with the Rules of Amateur Status issued by R&A Rules Limited.
2. Participants must have:
a. A valid and current NHS Handicap Index issued by the Malaysian Golf Association.
b. A competitor’s last golfing scores record with the Malaysian Golf Association’s online NHS system must be within three (3) months from the tournament date, failing which the registration will not be accepted. However, Audi quattro Cup Drive Day competitors not satisfying this requirement shall be entitled to play but he/she will not be officially scored, thus unable to qualify for any prizes based on score.
3. Participants must be a minimum age of 18 years old on the date of competition.
1. The entry fee for each Tournament day is RM380 (inclusive GST) per competitor. For unsuccessful applicants, a full refund will be provided. No refunds will be made to successful applicants who withdraw, fail to show up and/or are disqualified during the Tournament.
2. All entry fees will be donated to MAKNA (Malaysian National Cancer Council).
3. All entries must be registered via the Audi quattro Cup registration site (www.audiquattrocup.com.my).
4. Closing date for entries is 15 October 2017. Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted. Entries are based on first-come first-served basis and are only deemed confirmed upon receipt of complete registration (including any requested documentation) & full payment.
5. Audi Malaysia (division of Volkswagen Group Malaysia Sdn Bhd (7188267-U)) reserves the right to reject any incomplete or invalid registration.
6. Submission of registration form is not a confirmation of participation. Registration will only be processed upon receipt of all required and valid documents.
7. The field for each tournament is limited to 120 competitors only (60 teams). Each participant can compete on one (1) tournament day only. Competitors can choose their preferred tournament date, subject to availability.
8. In the event that entries fall short of or exceed that number, Audi Malaysia reserves the right to reject any entry or make amendments to the entry requirement without prior notice.
9. Any request for change of tournament day must be made prior to closing date – subject to availability.
1. The Audi quattro Cup shall be managed by the Tournament Committee appointed by Audi Malaysia and their decision in all matters shall be final.
2. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to exclude any player from the tournament at its discretion.
1. Each Tournament will play host to 60 teams of two players each, total of 120 participants.
2. Teams will consist of two players of any gender.
3. Participants are allowed to select a partner to form a team. The course handicap difference between the 2 players in a team must not exceed 20 and cumulative team handicap must not be more than 56.
4. Your playing partner must be a confirmed participant of the tournament. Both must register and pay the registration fee of RM380 for successful pairing.
5. If a participant is unable to select a partner to form a team, the Tournament Committee will pair up a team by drawing lots and will only be redrawn if course handicap difference of the two players drawn in a team exceeds 20 or if the cumulative team handicap is more than 56.
6. Participants who have competed in a World Final in the last 3 years (2014-2016) can participate in the Malaysia Final 2017 but will be ineligible to win any prizes based on score and unable to qualify for a spot in the World Final, even if playing with a different partner.
7. The decisions by the Tournament Committee on the pairing of Teams shall be final.
8. In the event that your playing partner, whether preferred or randomly selected, does not show up to play on the tournament day, the Tournament Committee will find a partner for you on a best effort basis. In the event that another partner is not available then you may participate as an individual golfer but you will not be eligible for the following: main prizes; prizes that require a partner; prizes based on your score; and/or qualify for the World Final. You still will be eligible for individual Novelty Prizes, Hole-In-One prizes and Lucky Draw prizes.
1. Competitors will be assigned a tournament handicap based on their current USGA Indexes against the slope rating of the tournament course.
2. To convert your handicap index to the tournament course handicap please use the following formula:
o USGA Handicap Index multiplied by Tournament Course Slope Rating and divided by 113 (Round to the nearest whole number)
o Eg. Handicap Index 18.3 multiplied by 126 (The Mines Slope Rating) divided by 113 = 20.4 Your tournament handicap is 20.
3. The maximum individual course handicap for men is 24 and for ladies is 36.
4. The cumulative team handicap shall not be more than 56 and the maximum course handicap difference between two players in a team must not exceed 20.
5. The Team handicap shall be the total sum of the two players’ handicaps, taking 60% of the lower course handicap and only 40% of the higher course handicap of the players in the team.
6. Voluntary reduction of handicap to meet the above conditions is not permitted.
7. A competitor’s handicap may be adjusted by the Tournament Committee prior to or during the Tournament.
1. The format of play is Greensome Stableford (Best Drive then Alternate Shot) – On each hole, both players on a team tee off, the best of the two tee shots is selected and that ball is then played alternate-shot until holed. (The player whose tee shot is not selected must play the second shot).
2. Each ball is to be played as it lies and the ball selected may not be switched or replaced during play for the remainder of the hole except when proceeding under a Rule of Golf that permits substitution.
3. There shall be only one gross score for the team to record on the scorecard for every hole. The Tournament Committee shall convert the gross score to a net score based on the stroke index of the hole and the Team handicap.
4. The scoring in Stableford competition is made by points awarded in relation to Par at each hole as shown below and the winner is the team that returns the highest number of points:
|More than one over Par or no score returned||0|
|One over Par||1|
|One under Par||3|
|Two under Par||4|
|Three under Par||5|
5. In the event where there are two or more teams that are in a tie for any placing, a hole by hole comparison of index holes 1-18 in that order where the better team net score will decide the winner. The selection of holes shall be in accordance with the course’s index holes, starting with the most difficult hole followed by second most difficult hole etc. If there is still a tie after comparing 18 holes, the winner of the tie will be decided by coin toss.
1. Each team will be provided with a buggy on a twin sharing basis. The buggy and everything in it are deemed to be the equipment of the team.
1. The Tournament Committee shall determine the Groups and their time of starting and at which hole for an 18 hole shot-gun start.
2. The Schedule of Play shall be made available online, in advance of the tournament, and also will be available during the tournament day.
3. Teams are not allowed to change Groups or starting holes unless instructed by the Tournament Committee.
4. If a player arrives at his starting point, ready to play, within five minutes after his starting time, in the absence of circumstances which warrant waiving the penalty of disqualification as provided in Rule 33-7, the penalty for failure to start on time is two strokes, instead of disqualification. Penalty for lateness beyond five minutes shall be disqualification for the team.
1. Scorecards must be submitted within 10 minutes of completion of play.
2. The scores are deemed to be submitted once the score card has been handed over to the Scoring Official.
3. Teams must ensure that at least one member of the team and a marker from another team will attest to the scores by both signing the score card.
4. Failure to submit a scorecard duly attested by two signatures will lead to disqualification.
5. Electronic scoring may be used during the tournament. However, only the scores submitted from the competitors scorecards will be the basis for the final results of the tournament. The electronic scoring results cannot be deemed to be accurate at all times nor used as a basis for determining the tournament final results and competitor placings
1. The competition shall be closed when the Prize Presentation starts.
1. The Tournament Committee will make every effort to complete an event in its entirety. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to suspend or abandon play due to inclement weather and/or any such other circumstances that warrant such action. In the unlikely event that play is abandoned and/or the game is cancelled then the Tournament Committee will make a decision and all players will be informed accordingly.
1. Only the Winning Team from the Audi quattro Cup Final shall represent Malaysia at the Audi quattro Cup World Final to be held at Quivira Golf Club, Los Cabos, Mexico from 1 to 5 December 2017
2. If the Winning Team cannot participate in the World Final due to serious reasons (e.g. illness), the next placed team could fill in the spot. The final decision is subject to Audi Malaysia and Audi AG Sports Marketing.
3. Participation in the World Final is only possible if both players of the Winning Team participate (no substitutes).
4. Participants who have already competed in a World Final can only participate in another World Final three (3) years after their participation in their last World Final, even with a different partner.
5. Team handicap for the World Final may be subject to an arbitrary handicap revision.
1. The Audi quattro Cup shall be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by R&A Rules Limited, these Rules & Regulations and the Local Rules of the Golf Courses and any additional Local Rules approved by the Tournament Committee.
2. Rules Officials have been appointed to adjudicate any disputes, to provide assistance to players with respect to the Rules of Golf and their decisions shall be final (Rule 34-2).
3. In the absence of a referee, any dispute or doubtful point of the rules must be put forward to the Tournament Committee whose decision shall be final (Rule 34-3).
1. An amateur golfer must not accept a prize (other than a symbolic prize) or prize voucher of retail value in excess of the prescribed limits according to Rule 3-2a of the General Rules of Amateur Status, or a lesser figure as decided by the Governing Body. This limit applies to the total prizes or prize vouchers received by an amateur golfer in any one competition or series of competitions, excluding any hole-in-one prize (see Rule 3-2b).
2. A hole-in-one prize may be accepted in addition to any prize won in the same competition.
3. Player(s) who win prizes exceeding the limits as stated in the Rules of Amateur Status will be reported to the Malaysia Golf Association.
NOTE: The onus of receiving a prize or prizes that exceed(s) the prescribed limits lies with the participant. Audi Malaysia and the Tournament Committee shall not be liable for any action on players for any breach of Rules pertaining to Amateur Status.
1. Distance Measuring Devices (excluding elevation) are permitted during the tournament.
1. The first player only to score a hole-in-one Prizes in accordance to the tournament rules and regulations during each tournament day of the event will win the hole-in-one Prizes.
2. The prize must be redeemed within three (3) months from the date of the tournament, failing which, the prize will be forfeited.
3. By participating in the hole-in-one Prizes and accepting the hole-in-one Prizes, each player agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions and warranties applicable for the acceptance and delivery of the prize.
4. The hole-in-one Prizes excludes insurance & road tax.
1. Each player shall be eligible to win only (1) novelty prize. In the event a player wins more than only one (1) novelty prize, the first novelty hole that he or she plays shall be deemed the winning novelty hole.
1. Any player found to be infringing the Tournament Rules or has not provided true or correct information in the registration form will be disqualified from taking part.
2. Audi Malaysia reserves the right to revoke any title and/or reclaim any prize awarded to any winner of any Tournament in the event such winner is found to have not complied with the Tournament’s rules and regulations.
1. Audi Malaysia and its agencies reserve the right to use any name, photograph, video and /or image of any players taken during the course of the event for advertising, promotional and trade purposes.
1. Audi Malaysia, Audi AG Sports Marketing, and the Tournament Committee and their agents including but not limited to, owners and Management of The Mines Resort & Golf Club, their employees, staff and Tournament Officials, shall endeavour to ensure that the tournament is well organised in accordance with best practices. Participants shall indemnify Audi Malaysia, Audi AG Sports and the Tournament Committee and their agents from all liabilities such as but not limited to, damage to or loss of personal belongings and injury or death as a participant in this Audi quattro Cup.